Introduction – JCAT
The joint Centralized Admission Test (JCAT) was introduced in 2016 by the Health Department with the cooperation of King Edward Medical University Lahore, University of Health Sciences Lahore and Fatima Jinnah University Lahore. It is an entrance test for admissions in MD/MS/MDS programs in various Public Institutes/Hospitals of Punjab. In the private sector, Sharif Medical City Lahore requires this test for admission to its programs. After this test, candidates can apply in Punjab Residency Program (Central Induction Policy) for admissions.
- Candidates doing house jobs are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates from other provinces can also apply.
- There is no negative marking.
- If you pass the test will a low score, you can retake the test in order to improve your previous scores. If you fail to improve, your previous marks remain valid.
- They ask for a permanent PMC. If your PMC is expired, apply for the renewal of your PMC.
- One year house job from a recognized Institution/Hospital of HEC/PM&DC/PMC.
- The candidate (Pakistani National) must have permanent or provisional valid registration with Pakistan Medical & Dental Council/Pakistan Medical Commission.
- In the case of foreign nationals, the candidate must have provisional registration with Pakistan Medical & Dental Council/Pakistan Medical Commission for Joint Centralized Admission Test (JCAT).